Sunday, May 20, 2012

May 14


Sweets! Again?!

This will be a relatively short entry seeing as how I didn’t really do much of anything today but study…but there was 1 thing of note that we did! We went to a dessert buffet named Sweets Paradise. No joke. A buffet. With dozens of different desserts. I felt like I was in heaven! The rules of the buffet were that you shouldn’t waste food, meaning that what you put on your plate you needed to finish or have someone else finish completely.

Japanese desserts are usually less sweet than they are in America seeing as how they use signifigantly less sugar and other goodies in their baking, and the same was true with the first little bit of sweets that I tried. The poppyseed cake was more like a flavor-less sponge than it was what any American would think a cake should taste like. However, after battling my way through the process of shoveling that down, I was pleasantly surprised to find a bunch of desserts that I loved! After stuffing my poor body with sponge cakes and slightly denser deserts I decided to give it a break and get some pasta and lemon tea; both of which hit the spot. Well, I’m not so sure that they hit the spot because they were that great, or because I just finished ingesting 4 pounds of pure sweets…at that point my theory is that any non-sweet food that you eat will ‘hit the spot’ =P

After eating sweets, the group of us headed over to a very large book store named ‘Book Off’ to get some reading materials for our classes, and rounded off the day by going to a ‘bunboguya’ (stationary store…literally a store with only stationary) to buy some paper and paints so that I could teach a few of them how to paint these pretty little flowers =P.


No comments:

Post a Comment